Breaking News

I thought I knew about my mental illness. But the truth shocked me | David Harewood

Making a documentary about my breakdown brought me face to face with things I’d suppressed for three decades

It’s been nearly two years since I tweeted that when I was in my early 20s, I had a breakdown and was sectioned. I didn’t know it at the time, but that early morning post would have a profound effect on me, and challenge me to re-evaluate just about every area and aspect of my life. I expanded on the tweet in a piece I wrote for the Guardian about my experiences, and was actually pleased that I’d finally told the story publicly, as I’d wanted to do for a long time.

Psychosis affects roughly one in 100 people every year, and each case is different

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://bit.ly/2E8ynjd

No comments