Breaking News

A vegetarian has a beef with Tesco’s labelling

The product contained meat – but this was only disclosed in the small print

I am a 55-year-old man who has eaten no meat or meat products for six years (for welfare reasons) until recently. During this period I have regularly purchased Tesco raspberry and white chocolate meal replacement bars. But Tesco has recently replaced the product. I have just eaten a new bar and found to my horror that it now contains beef, whereas the previous product had no beef. I last purchased the old product at the end of March when it was £3.60 for three, but now it is £4 for four – although the weight of each bar is the same at 60g. The old product was “ultra slim” while the replacement is “slim”. Beef is disclosed in the small print ingredients list – allergens are highlighted, but meat isn’t. Tesco customer services offered a refund and £10 for the upset, which I think is an insult.

GL, Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://bit.ly/2Q40rZQ

No comments