Breaking News

Tiffany Haddish: on Girls Trip, saving the Hollywood comedy and the Dickensian horror of her life story

The breakout star of 2017 on growing up in foster care, Jay-Z’s ‘black Friends’ and how Roger Rabbit saved her

Tiffany Haddish cannot take a compliment. Mention that her exuberantly unfiltered performance in the ensemble comedy Girls Trip stole the movie, and vaulted her into the position of breakout star, and the South Central, Los Angeles-born standup is quick to respond: “I’m not a thief. Where I come from, you don’t call someone that. I get really upset when people say, you stole the movie. I’m like: ‘I didn’t steal nothin’, that’s my job!’”

Related: Girls Trip review – raucous comedy delivers a fresh and filthy good time

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://ift.tt/2zdYYu0

No comments