Breaking News

Fit in my 40s: sedentary day job + stupid attitude = weekend warrior injuries

I’m struggling to bounce back from my first ever sporting injury – and learning that I’m not alone

It’s the first sporting injury of my life, sustained while I was training for a longer out-of-town cycle with BellaVelo. Another cyclist wearing tracksuit bottoms (this is relevant) undertook me, and his pocket hooked on to my drop handlebars. I didn’t realise – I just thought, well that’s bad luck, to lose control of your steering at the exact same time as the guy in front pulls his trousers down – and wham, the next thing I knew, my shoulder hit the pavement. The thing after that, I had one useless arm.

Membership Event: Guardian Weekend Live

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://ift.tt/2lQB0Q4

No comments