Breaking News

‘I miss talking to him’: Brazil’s Casagrande on 10 years without Sócrates

Duo were teammates and fighters against Brazil’s dictatorship. Then came addiction and reconciliation before Sócrates’s death

Since 4 December 2011 Casagrande has been living with a feeling of emptiness. Ten years on from the death of his former Brazil and Corinthians teammate Sócrates, he is still struggling to deal with the loss.

“I miss talking to him,” he says. “I think about him many times a week, mainly when something good happens to me. He is the man that comes into my mind at these good moments. Sometimes I get my mobile to call him, but I remember that I can’t, that he isn’t here any more. I would like to share things with him – only with him. There are some issues that I can talk about only to him. It’s sad. I can’t say these things to others because no one will understand me like he did. No one was on the same frequency with me as he was.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/31xtJdf

No comments