Breaking News

Burnout eating: how chronic pandemic stress can disrupt and destroy our diet

Over the past year, many of us have suffered from physical and emotional exhaustion. It is no surprise that people have turned to food for comfort

Naomi Boles hit a wall last October. “I wasn’t sleeping at all and I felt like I couldn’t keep going,” she recalls. “I was so stressed, and even when I was in bed my brain was constantly racing as I was worrying so much about my health, about my income, about my children. When I went to the doctor, it was like I’d reached a point where I couldn’t carry on any more.”

Nine months on, she is still recovering from that burnout. “I am finally getting to the point where I can be a bit easier on myself and not constantly be in this fight-or-flight mode,” she says.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/3ibafQ8

No comments