Breaking News

'I'm stressed. I shout. Can I do better?': experts advise on pandemic parenting

Struggling to stay calm and positive? We’re here to help

My son Freddie, four, is terrified of catching Covid-19. He says he is worried about picking it up in the park. He has gone from being an extrovert to withdrawn and lonely. Will I ever get the old Freddie back?

Dr Paul Kelly, a consultant educational and child psychologist, says: We’re all going to be changed in some ways by this experience, both children and adults. But while there’s a negative impact on emotional wellbeing and mental health, we also know that negotiating their way through adverse circumstances can help children and young people to develop resilience. This is especially true if children recognise they can use a support network and rely on others in times of need.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/36Nd993

No comments