Breaking News

‘I feared my career was over,’ says Olympic gold medallist Greg Rutherford

• Long jumper targets World Indoors after surgery ends injury hell
• Tokyo Olympics still a possible goal for London 2012 winner

Greg Rutherford has revealed he feared his career was over before undergoing groin reconstruction surgery and an ankle operation in the autumn. However, the London 2012 long jump gold medallist has made such a rapid recovery he is now targeting next month’s world indoor championships in Birmingham – and says competing in the next Olympics is not out of the question.

Rutherford, who says he has been jumping “remarkably far” in training, also warned his rivals not to write him off after he missed most of last season. “Every other jumper in the world knows that, if I’m in shape, then I can beat them – it doesn’t matter who it is,” he said. “I know that, as long as I’m fit, then I can upset a few. I’ll 100% be aiming to do that.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian http://ift.tt/2DUPJlm

No comments