Breaking News

Richard Armitage: ‘I used to stand on the Lord of the Rings to reach the top shelf in my wardrobe’

The actor and author on his love of fantasy fiction, the wisdom of Marcus Aurelius, and why he doesn’t want a second bite of Proust

My earliest reading memory
Enid Blyton at about seven. It was The Magic Faraway Tree. My local newsagents sold them, and I read a book a week, moving through The Wishing Chair to Brer Rabbit and all The Famous Five.

My favourite book growing up
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis. The transformative nature of a doorway into a parallel world is something I think both children and adults dream about. I can still remember the hair-raising thrill I felt when Lucy first meets Mr Tumnus in the Narnian winter woodland as the dark evening sets in.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/vwzOpU1

No comments